Friday, March 21, 2014

Huge Haul! PLUS, YouTube Video Out Now!!

Hey Guys!!

I know I've been away for quite a while and not a lot of YouTube videos have been made! I have one recorded, I just haven't found the time to edit it! But, don't fret! Hell week at school is over now and all I have to worry about is final exams! So until, that comes around the corner...I'll be posting and updating everything!

A while back, I did a huge haul over a weekend, and well I've finally found the time to share with you guys what I got!

If you guys, don't feel like reading this wordy and lengthy article, here's the 14.5 minute long YouTube video! (It's long, I'm sorry.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i239G0gXN1U

Starting with hair products, I have a tendency to buy a lot of hair products, specifically conditioners and just use whatever shampoo I have at home because I don't feel like they make that big a difference.
Organix Sea Mineral Moisture, Moisture Surge Deep Treatment & Conditioner, $10.49.
I actually got this when the new Organix products came out, it's got quite the seaweed/kelp smell to it and I feel that the conditioner and deep treatment are both moisturizing. They both manage to make my hair really soft whereas, Dove products just clean my hair but don't soften it or anything. This usually retails for about $10.49 Canadian at Shoppers but often goes on sale for $6.99 - $7.99. I believe it's original price at Target and Wal-Mart is about $7.99. This line also consists of the shampoo and the shimmering weightless moisture replenisher hair spray.


         

Moving on to the new Garnier Fructis: De-constructed Beach Chic Sea Salt Spray, I was really excited for this as I'm always on the lookout for sea salt sprays because, I love having that wavy hair (mine's a mix of wavy and straight, it is not fun.) Anyways, the smell was decent, nothing I couldn't handle but the spray did absolutely nothing to my hair besides dry it out (got that sea salt effect, going for me). My hair stayed the same minus the texture. It's a good thing that I bought this on sale for $3.49 Canadian at Shoppers because otherwise, I would've been so mad. I believe, it usually retails for about $5-6.


Manic Panic Semi-Permanent: Hair Colour in Voodoo Blue & Hot Hot Pink, $14.99.
If you know me, then you'll know that I have a layer of bleached hair that's grown out so much, it basically just looks like I ombre-d my hair (I didn't.) So, while waiting for it to grow out enough for me to get it all cut off and still have a decent length for hair, I've decided to dye it. My go to for hair dye is always Manic Panic since it's vegan and semi-permanent. The one I always get, when I do decide to dye my hair is the shade 'Hot Hot Pink,' I really like the result that shows up on my hair and the shade it turns to when it's fading, an orangey-pink (sunset, ya know wha I'm sayin'?) Since my hair isn't totally bleached white and striped of colour, it's a natural orangish brown. Recently, I decided to finally test out blue in my hair. I've always wanted to be one of those girls with long dark hair (I have the long part, just not the dark) with the blue streak going down. So I finally got blue dye and MAY have accidentally swallowed some dye because it go on my dinner when I was in the middle of dying my hair...don't worry, its vegan with no chemicals, so no I didn't die. Just a recommendation though, DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Last term, I accidentally got krazy glue on my tongue and chugged so much water. But hey, if I can survive, I'm sure you can too.

My hair turned out teal and I was satisfied with it but I missed out on some parts of hair that still looked puke green to me, so I re-dyed it the next day. Currently it's back to teal, but that's because I haven't had the time to re-dye it. Maybe tomorrow night...I got the Voodoo Blue at Sally's for about $12, and the Hot Hot Pink one at Shoppers for $14.99, they don't go on sale often :(

MOVING ON...
I got the randomest item ever, so I guess this is where I'll post it. 



L'Occitane Shea Butter One Minute Hand Scrub, $24.
Recently L'Occitane did a promotion for a free trio sample of their top selling hand creams, and along with that was a 15-20% off discount for their store. I figured, it'd be worth it since they probably don't do much sales and they're pretty pricy to begin with so I caved and bought the L'Occitane One Minute Hand Scrub (why? my hands were dry at the time, it was also winter and cold). It looks really oily but that's because the scrub is sunken at the bottom and you need to mix it for it to look more like a scrub. I really like it and thought it was very moisturizing, it definitely got rid of the dry flakes on my hands due to the cold, winter weather!

From the random tangent to all the other things I bought, we'll start off with face, then going towards eyes and ending with lips!

Urban Decay: Naked Skin HD Loose Finishing Powder, $40.
My friend, Ashley from Flux & Xoulis had me for Kris Kringle this past Christmas and had never gotten me my gift for the longest time because everytime I said I wanted something, I would usually buy it for myself before anyone had the chance to do so. So the last time I was home, we were out shopping together and finally concluded that there was no way for her to get me a gift unless I was the one that chose it! So I finally settled on the Urban Decay Naked Skin HD Loose Finishing Powder. I chose this because it'd be a super light coverage for my lazy days (which is pretty much everyday) and that it'd be much easier to manage, as with foundation, I have to squeeze it out onto my hand and blah blah blah. Such a long process and I ain't got time for that in the morning. So far, I'm really enjoying it! It's really nice and makes my face look clearer than without anything (which isn't that bad to begin with). It costs $40 at both Sephora and Shoppers, if it were up to me, I'd get it at Sephora for the BI/VIB points but Ashley works at Shoppers so...there's that.


       
Lush: Mint Julips Lip Scrub & Dark Angels Face Scrub, $9.95 & $12.95.

I decided to pay a visit to Lush when I was at Eaton Centre one day because I've always been interested in the idea of natural ingredients and what not. I'm a bit skeptical on the whole thing and the price but, I was interested in trying something new and was in dire need of a good face and lip scrub. I had heard a lot of hype about the 'Bubblegum' lip scrub, but sweets is not really my thing, so I did some research and found that 'Mint Julips' was a mint chocolate kind of flavour, so I was definitely down for that, PLUS, YOU CAN LICK OFF THE EXCESS! Second, I needed a face scrub that wasn't drying and one that wouldn't break me out with acne. I spoke to the staff and she recommended me either the 'Ocean Salt' or 'Dark Angels,' I tried both and concluded that 'Dark Angels' was nicer. Its made of Moroccan lava clay, avocado oil, charcoal powder and brown sugar. It definitely has a strong liquorice smell but if you don't mind that, then you're good to go! It clears up my excess oil and doesn't create more during the day. It also doesn't dry out my skin, so that's really nice! The staff member at Lush was also nice enough to provide me with a sample size of 'Ocean Salt,' I still have yet to test that one out. Both of these products are a bit on the pricy side because they're all natural and what not, which is good for a splurge once in a while! You don't need much of the face scrub when using it and I definitely don't use much of the lip scrub on my lips, so it'll last you a while! 


As usual, I'm always on the hunt for new mascaras and had come across this one as it was on sale and I like how the brush is separated and is a fibre one. The mascara barely clumps and I'm really happy with it. No surprise that it doesn't hold my curled lashes up though, I always need to use waterproof formula mascaras for that (thanks for my being Asian). But yeah, I'm really happy with this, it'd be great if a waterproof one was created! I purchased it at Shoppers for about $6.99, it usually retails for about $10 or a bit more, I believe.


A cult favourite of everyone who's ever owned this, the coveted Lorac Pro palette! I finally got my hands on it after Sephora stopped selling them and the Lorac cosmetics site doesn't ship to Canada. I somehow managed to finally get it (praising my friends that live in the USA and go to school in Canada), if you're wondering how, I finally found a site that took a Canadian billing address and would ship to USA. And, I have a friend at university that lives in the States, so I shipped it to her place and got her to bring it back for me! (Long process, I know) Anyways, is it a surprise that I'm in love with it? It's so well pigmented and you can literally do everything with this palette! There's a whole row of matte shades and a whole bottom row of shimmer shades, I use this as an eyebrow filler and combine shades for smoky eye. 


I've heard so many good things about the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters and of course I got the cult favourite 'Peach Parfait,' sadly, I didn't like it because of the shimmer, so there I go again, not liking a lot of cult favourites (haha...) Anyways, I've finally gotten into the phase of liking lip products, and am the biggest fan when it comes to reddish shades! My going out/everyday (common day, at least) lip butter is definitely 'Candy Apple,' not only is it moisturizing but definitely gives your lips a pop of colour! I've only ever swatched the lipstick in 'Coralberry,' I'm trying to get more into corals and nude shades right now. But one of the closest lip butters I have closest to my lip's natural shade is 'Juicy Papaya.' These two lip butters are the least shimmery and definitely moisturizing, I really enjoy them! I put the price range as $5-10 because I really don't remember the retail price and it definitely varies with where it was purchased. I purchased all three of these when they were on sale for $6.

This concludes my 'huge haul,' if you'd rather watch a video of this, it'll be uploaded soon on my YouTube channel, HiLarious. I should be editing the video tomorrow so it'll be online at night!

Until then, 

- h.


No comments:

Post a Comment