Friday, January 10, 2014

Clubbing


I enjoy clubbing and tonight was one of those nights where my friends and I decided to go.

For tonight, I decided to actually put my make up to use and tried something new. My skin is mostly clear with those one or two pimples that I always seem to have so I usually go clubbing with just mascara and eyeliner on. Today, I decided to actually use the stuff I spent money on and went with foundation, and lipstick to add with my mascara and eyeliner look.



I first used primer on my face, I haven't tried any of the new ones I purchased, so I went with my Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer, it's supposed to minimize pores, is oil-free and waterproof, I got this as a mini trial along with their two other primers. It's sort of a thick consistency but goes on weightless and smooth, I don't really see any difference on my skin, probably because my pores aren't that noticeable anyway.

After priming, I went with the only foundation that matches my skin tone that I have yet to go out in; Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Foundation in the shade 6.0. I'm really liking this foundation because it gives my face a natural feel and doesn't look too cakey and is light-medium coverage. To apply the foundation, I used the recommended Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush, it hasn't shed or anything yet so I'm really liking that.

For my eyes, I started off with the Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, it's a different feel from the Urban Decay Primer Potion, I have yet to go out in it, so I'll see how it holds up because I really like the Urban Decay one! After this step, I used my Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black for a thin line above my eyelashes. This is my favourite liner because it's fast drying and has a really thin tip, this way I can go from thin to thick lines in no time! To top off the eyes, after curling them, I used my Maybelline Falsies Big Eyes Mascara for top and bottom lashes, I really like that it doesn't add too much product on my bottom lash since there are two separate brushes, one for top and one for bottom.

To complete my look, I decided to finally go out with lipstick on, I chose a more subtle and less bright shade, using Nars X Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Lipstick in Full Frontal, I completed my look for the night.

Tonight, I'm wearing something simple since the club theme is 'Throwback Thursdays,' I've decided to wear a white bustier tank top with light blue tie dyed skinny jeans with black ankle boots. Hopefully, I don't slip on any ice because god forbid, that'd be a disaster!


Stay classy!

- h.




No comments:

Post a Comment