Sunday, December 29, 2013

Boxing Week Shopping Haul!

With all the madness that was Christmas and Boxing Day, as well as the ice storm. I was finally able to find time during my busy schedule to do some retail therapy! So today, I finally went downtown which was my first time heading down since coming home, almost two weeks ago! I may or may not have done some Christmas shopping since I didn't have any time to before, but anyways, here's what I got!

Starting off with the first store I hit up, Future Shop because I needed to buy ink for my printer and a tripod. So I purchased the Dynex 60" Tripod that's on sale for $20 right now! I'll be filming my first ever YouTube video tomorrow so stay tuned for more details! 

Roots Cable Knit Infinity Scarf, $48.
That's not a very exciting store to hit up first but I got it over with and then followed by going to Roots to finally get the Cable Knit Infinity scarf that I've been dying to get! It was $48, but I got a $20 gift card during a gift exchange and ended up getting 20% off because I was a student! I ended up paying $27, which is fine with me! It's super soft and chunky, I'm so excited to wear it out!

Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base, $29.

Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio, $15.
Sephora was the next store on the way! I picked up the Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio for $15, it was one of those Boxing Week Specials. I figured that it was the best way to test out face primers and see which one was good because I've tried the Revlon Photo Ready one and am not very fond of it, nor the Bare Minerals Prime Time. My Urban Decay Primer Potion was running out and I heard good things about the Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base so I decided to give it a try because I like the doe-like brush more then having a tube and needing to squeeze the substance onto my finger. 

The Tarte Clean Slate Deluxe Primer Trio comes with the Poreless one which is a 12 hour perfecting primer, that is pore refining, waterproof and line filling. The Flawless one is a 12 hour brightening primer, is silicone-free, waterproof and brightening. The last one is the 360 degree Creaseless, which is a 12 hour smoothing eye primer, it also substitutes as a shadow primer and under eye base all-in-one, is waterproof and has a shadow lock formula. One thing I like about this primer trio is that all three samples are for different things and I'm able to test them all out! Bonus is that they're all waterproof!

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Blackest Black, $8.99.

I headed to Shoppers Drug Mart after my little spree at Sephora and sat that their L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara was FINALLY on sale for a decent price as it's their latest mascara and sells for $14.99 on a regular basis. It was on sale for $8.99 so I decided to test it out. I totally forgot that L'Oreal mascaras have that 'rose' scent, so I'm not sure how I'll be able to deal with that, but we'll see. I have high expectations for this, although I'm sure it'll be alright, I'm still looking forward to using it!

Talula Hertford Jacket in Black, $49.99.
I hit up Queen Street West after Shoppers because Eaton Centre was getting a bit crowded and uncomfortable for me and way too warm. So shopping outside in warm weather was a great feeling for me. I went to the Aritzia location there because I figured there'd be less people, in which I was sort of right...it was also a smaller location so a bit more squishy but nothing I couldn't manage. I had seen this jacket online but didn't know how I'd feel about it. I've been looking for a jacket where the zipper was diagonal for a while and so when I saw this, I had to try it on! It originally sells for $120 and was $70 off! It was such a steal! Especially for Aritzia too, so I was super glad they had my size. The torso is a bit short, more so on my waist, but that's nothing I can't deal with and the sleeves are about an inch past my wrist which is fine with me!

All in all, I think it was a good shopping day, not for my credit card but the retail therapy was nice after such a hectic work schedule these past few weeks and the ice storm madness which caused my house to have no power for a few days. It's also good to have internet back!

Happy Holidays everyone! Stay safe, and stay tuned for my first YouTube video being filmed tomorrow with Ashley from Flux & Xoulis!

No comments:

Post a Comment