Friday, December 20, 2013

Sephora Haul!

Since I'm a VIB at Sephora, I received the promotion that was $20 off when you spend $50, so, my friend and I decided to order items together since I didn't need much and this offer wasn't stackable (doesn't go $40 off when you spend $100 and so on) so she just got the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, while I got the Nars X Guy Bourdin Blush in Day Dream and the Nars X Guy Bourdin Cinematic Lipstick in Full Frontal.


To maintain my VIB status for next year, I still had some money to spend before being able to maintain the status, so I hit up the closest Sephora store to me yesterday and purchased the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Foundation in 6.0 and the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 01 Black. I got matched to the Skin IQ of 4Y07 a couple weeks ago at Sephora and didn't have much options when it came down to a foundation that fit my skin tone, the Marc Jacobs and the Lancôme one didn't match at all and only the Laura Mercier one matched. But, I wasn't a big fan of how my face felt with the Laura Mercier one, no matter how well it matched my skin tone. So I decided to go a shade darker, to 4Y08, and got a few more options, like the Nars Sheer Glow (which my friend has been raving about) and the Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Foundation which is something I've been dying to try since it came out.

So, I tested it out on my hand in store and it blended really well and was a nice texture with light-medium coverage so I decided to get it, knowing that if it didn't end up working, I'd always be able to return it (one of the best features of shopping at Sephora, returning items even if they're open).


Starting off the the Nars X Guy Bourdin Cinematic Lipstick in Full Frontal, it's a dark-ish magenta shade, I'm really liking that it's creamy and moisturizing. I definitely thought it'd be much brighter then it already is but it's not. It's fairly nice and since I'm trying to get into this lipstick faze, this will be perfect for days I feel like making my lips stand out!


It's a bit glossy and shiny, and I would say more pink than purple. It goes on smoothly and I'm very impressed. This is my first lipstick from Nars and I'm really happy with it. I can't wait to try out more products from them!


Next is the Nars X Guy Bourdin Blush in Day Dream. It's pretty much the same thing as the cult favourite Nars Orgasm blush but less sparkle. It's still glittery but not as much as Orgasm and definitely not as much as Super Orgasm


After I got the Nars X Guy Bourdin Cheek Palette last month, I've been completely obsessed. Blush can be put on very subtly or very noticeably and I'm really happy that Nars' blushes are buildable, they're not super noticeable when only one brush stroke is put on. I really like that this is less shimmer as I'm not it's biggest fan, but it is really nice for the Winter time, I'd say its more of a day to day kind of wear, whereas I feel that Orgasm and Deep Throat are for special occasions, to say the least, I'm not one for wearing a lot of make up.


As you may know, I'm a big fan of mascara. I've been trying to find a bottom lash mascara for the longest time and since most of my mascaras are drug store brands, it's obviously difficult to find one besides Maybelline's Big Eyes Mascara that is a 2 in 1. Using regular mascara just makes me look like a raccoon eye, so when I saw MissGlamorazzi's (Ingrid Nilsen) video using the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, I knew that I had to try it!


The brush itself is really small and definitely good for the bottom lashes, it grabs each lash and coats it lightly, and isn't too heavy which is good because who wants to have raccoon eyes anyways?


And finally, the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Foundation! (Such a long name...) So I got this in the 6.0 shade, the shade's that end with ".0" are for warm or yellow-based undertones whereas the ones ending with ".5" are for cool or pink-based undertones. Since I got this a shade darker (4Y08, instead of 4Y07) it does make my face a little darker but the rest of my body is pretty dark and my forehead itself is another story. (My friends said my face was ombré) I'm really liking this, it gives a light-medium coverage which is good for me as I'm not big on feeling a lot of product on my face, it's light and gives a soft natural look with a nice feeling that's not super powdery or cakey kind of feel. I'm looking forward to trying their Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder soon!

So this is it for now, but there will definitely be more haul posts coming up as it's the holiday season and sales are my best friend.

Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment