Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Home.

So I finally finished exams and am finally 'home.' But, what does 'home' really mean? My parents have been on this divorce thing for a while and finally separated in the beginning of this month. As much as I'm happy for the two of them to move on with their lives, it's also difficult to wrap my head around the idea that I now have two homes in the city and one in Kingston. 

It's weird that I'm coming 'home' to a place that I've never seen beforehand and is new to me, so really, what is considered a 'home'? I know that it's usually "home is where the heart is" but is my heart really here? Like, I've never been here and I just come home for the holiday and suddenly this is 'home.' 

No doubt this takes a little bit of getting used to and I love the place, it's hardwood flooring, spacious and simple. It also has a bar, which is something I've always wanted. My sister and mother decided to get fancy looking bar stools but I always wanted a simple wood one, which is why I'm guessing we have one... The bedrooms are a bit small, but I'm barely going to be here anyways, so I can deal with that. It's nice to be 'home' for the holidays. This feels more so like a temporary place to sleep, almost like a hotel, but it'll eventually be called home. Just not now.



So this is the living room...I'll probably be spending a lot of time here because theres a wooden bar stool that I am in love with and a bar that I can actually hang out at. It's also nice, I've always been a person to sit on the floor so there's also that. This also leads to the ginormous balcony we've got, it's currently covered in snow and has no footprints on it yet, but it will...sometime soon.

Happy holidays everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment