Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday

So, even though I live in Canada, that doesn't mean we don't have Black Friday sales. I'm pretty sure we only recently started getting them these past few years, but anyways, that didn't stop my friends and I from heading downtown and doing some damage to our bank accounts with whatever we could find!

So, in our little town of Kingston, we headed to Urban Outfitters, it was the talk of the town practically! (well, campus, but really though.) They held 50% off sale items and 40% off textiles and discounts on little knicks and knacks. Going in, the line wasn't as long as I expected it to be but I was really in no mood to look for things, and at the same time, I didn't really need anything. So i just hung around and looked at some stuff that seemed slightly interesting while my friends shopped. 

After that, we headed up to DavidsTea, now, in America an equivalent version would be Starbucks' Teavana. At DavidsTea, they didn't hold anything for Black Friday, but how could anyone pass up an offer to go inside DavidsTea where it's surrounding in a teal and cute little tea cups and mugs? 

Roots held 25% off the entire store, but I got sweatpants from them when they had 40% off, so it was really no big deal as the only thing I really wanted from them were socks...I know. They have really cute reusable bags though!

Finally, we headed to Lululemon, I was looking forward to it because I really needed new gym clothes and I had made a wish list online. I was worried that they weren't going to partake in Black Friday, but obviously they would! Going in, they separated their clothing racks by size, my friends and I were around the same size so we would alternate around. Most of their stuff was 40% off, which is amazing because they barely ever have sales! I ended up getting a sweater and a tank top with a built in sports bra; I had also ordered a 50% off tank top on their website and it came with free shipping so that was exciting. 

Pretty much, I only bought 3 things on Black Friday but I'm happy with my purchases and the rest will have to wait until I earn some more money and can spend it on Boxing Day.

Lululemon Cool Racerback *Mod Waves
$24 CAD, ($48)
Lululemon En Route Jacket
$84 CAD, ($148)
Lululemon No Limits
$39 CAD, ($64)
The Lululemon Cool Racerback, was on the site's "We Made Too Much" page which I actually didn't find until the day before Black Friday, and bless finding that! This racerback was on my wish list so it's really good that I was able to find it and get it discounted! The En Route Jacket and No Limits tank tops were bought in store, they're not shown for sale online, so it's probably an in store special. I got the En Route jacket in dark grey and the No Limits tank top is green and navy blue, but the colour swatch wasn't shown online so I just chose a plain black one.

So here are my "hauls," of Black Friday, if you will. Although, Sephora's $20 off $50 promotion should be coming out soon within the first week of December, with the rumoured release date of Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette coming out December 11th. So, keep an eye out for new blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment