Sunday, November 3, 2013

Review: Covergirl Smoochies Lipslicks

So as I said yesterday, I'd make a review on the Covergirl Smoochies. But sadly, I was sidetracked and was busy throughout the day which leads me to writing my review on them today (sorry!) but don't fret! I'll be making double the reviews tonight! (It's 8:30 pm right now, I woke up at 1:30 pm, heh heh.) So let's get started!

I've never been a fan of lipstick, well I am, but I never have the courage to wear it out because I feel like it captures so much attention and I frankly, am not one that likes to be stared at, I'm more of a spectator or observer myself. Anyways, the Covergirl Smoochies came out and at first, I was skeptical because I wasn't sure how much pigmentation would come out of them but they ARE also a lip balm, so I figured what the heck, and gave them a try.


From Left to Right: #sweet tweet, #smooch, #tweet me, #text me
I bought them at Shoppers Drug Mart when they were on sale for $3.99 each (they usually retail for about $6.50). I have '255 #sweet tweet' (yellow), '265 #smooch' (lime green), '225 #tweet me' (light blue), and '220 #text me' (teal). Out of these four, '#sweet tweet' and '#tweet me' are my favourite. I've actually never worn '#smooch' (the lime green one) out yet because I feel like it looks weird on my lips and it's way too sparkly for me. Don't ask me about the hashtagging because that's just their names and I have no idea about the history behind the names of these.

Anyways, '#sweet tweet' is absolutely amazing, not only is it a lip balm that moisturizes your lips, it's also barely tinted (well for me) so it just looks like I've got lip balm on (because that's what it is!) All of these are very moisturizing and I adore them! 'tweet me' is the more red tinted one and it adds a subtle redness to your lips but not as bright as any red lipstick would give. 

As lip balm goes, it does wear out throughout the day but when it does, it still maintains to keep your lips moisturized for the rest of the day, just without the tint or colour on your lips. This may be really minor of a detail but as you continually wear these, the actual lip balm part will change it's position in relation to the casing. (You can see this happening in '#sweet tweet,' above) As long as this doesn't bother you then it'll be okay!

All in all, I really like this lip balm/stick, it's moisturizing and is more subtle in comparison to lipsticks. '#sweet tweet' barely shows up on my skin though because it's more a neutral colour and I've got a yellow tinge in my skin. It's evidently shown in the picture below, which is why I've added the colour swatches on a piece of paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment