Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review: Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Scrub vs. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleans

So about a month ago, I needed a face cleanser and exfoliator so, I went to Shoppers Drug Mart (I guess, you could say that I practically live there, it's 30 seconds away) and I checked out what was on sale, and it just so happened that Neutrogena had a sale on the items, plus extra optimum points if I purchased two products. So I chose the Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub and the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser with a Foaming Formula.
Starting off with the Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub it contains "tingly cool lather energizing microbeads" and it smells good. On the back of the tube, it says that the "light gel formula lathers into bubble foam removing surface dirt, oil and make-up." It certainly feels that this does it's job, although I'm not too sure about the removing make-up part as I always have eye makeup on and this gives a cool feeling when you're applying it to your face, I'm scared to get it anywhere near my eyes. I sometimes use this in the shower and its either this product does remove make-up or water does a better job of doing that. Either way, I'm a fan of this product as well as the other Deep Clean products by Neutrogena, I feel that they do what they're supposed to do and don't dry out your skin when doing so.
Next is the Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser with a foaming formula. This smells alright, it's got a slight chemical smell to it, but it's not bad to the point where you can't use it. I was looking forward to using this and for it to just clean the oil off my face, but it dried out my face! After using this, my skin felt tight and dry, I guess it got on my lips at some point when washing it off because my lips felt like this were splitting and super chapped! I'm not a big fan of putting moisturizer on my forehead because my forehead gets really oily either way, but this totally dried out my forehead to the point where it looked like it was peeling from a sunburn! If you're going to use this, make sure you've got a good moisturizer that hydrates really well! This one is supposed to "remove excess oil, dirt and make-up leaving you with clean and naturally soft skin," it dried out my skin, unless that's considered "excess oil." It also says that it is a "non-stripping cleanser" that cleanses "while maintaining skin's natural moisture balance," I don't think my skin's natural moisture balance is super dry and unmanageable.

As Winter approaches, I need something that gives moisture or maintains my skin's natural moisture when I'm on a rush to go to school, the Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser will not be an item I use for that. I wouldn't purchase this again; but I will stick to the Deep Clean product line. Even though the cleanser is supposed to be for sensitive skin, mine is combination and somewhat sensitive, so in general, I don't recommend this product to anyone.

Deep Clean Image by: Walmart.com
Ultra Gentle Image by: Neutrogena.com


No comments:

Post a Comment