Sunday, November 3, 2013

Review: Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

So I said, I'd make it up to you guys and here I am again with my second review of the night! The Macadamia Natural Oil: Healing Oil Treatment! I purchased this maybe a month or so ago, and have been using it pretty frequently as I have bleached hair and it tends to get super dry and damaged the easiest! I purchased this at Shoppers Drug Mart (I know, I buy a lot of things from there, it's literally 30 seconds from my house!), I bought it for $36 (pricy, these never go on sale!) and it's a super small bottle, not as small as other ones but it only contains 125 ml of oil. Yet a little goes a long way as they all say! I've barely made a dent in the bottle!


 The label on the bottle says that the oil "instantly absorbs into the hair, weightlessly infusing moisture, health, softness, protection, control and shine." I usually put this in my hair when it's still a bit damp from being washed and have realized that my hair dries way faster after I put this in. The only problem with this oil for me is that because I sometimes get the oil about mid-length of my hair, it touches my neck when I sleep which causes me to break out. So after this realization, I only put the oil on the tips of my hair which is basically the only part that's bleached. There is a definite feel of softness and difference in my hair after using this. If it's even possible, I feel that after I started using this, my hair has grown much longer and faster than it usually does (my hair usually grows maybe 2 inches in 4 months). The label also tells you to use a small amount and I cannot stress this enough but as said earlier, a little goes a long way. I use maybe a dime size and it's already enough for my hair (my hair's thick and long). Definitely no need to use a lot, no matter how thick your hair is! Since it's hair oil, it'll cover a lot of area just by you combing/brushing through your hair.

I absolutely love the packaging, I think the design is creative and it's definitely easy to find when looking for the product because there's no other packaging like this. I've had no problem with the pump so far, it definitely does not drip oil after pumping the needed amount into your palm. One thing I'm also not a big fan of (besides the acne on my neck) is that the bottle is made of glass. I understand that the glass makes it seem so much more high-class (I mean, it's $36 for Christ's sake) but it is way easier to break if dropped. I feel that a plastic bottle would do the same job if not better because it wouldn't break as easily. I do look forward to testing out more of these products, as said in my Bumble & Bumble review, I look forward on testing out the hair masque as I've heard good reviews on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment