Thursday, November 7, 2013

Healthy Eating 101

I'm definitely no professional when it comes to healthy eating but this week, I decided to cut down on my junk food and processed foods and have realized that my skin is actually getting better and I'm feeling a lot healthier than usual these days. No, I still have yet to attend the gym, but I'll get there eventually (trying for next week sometime). Anyways, I cut down on my usual junk food purchases and opted for dried apricots. I did purchase a bag of those Cadbury Crunchie Clusters though, after hearing so many people raving about them, they are quite tasty but a bit pricy.

Anyways, I'm not saying that I'm the healthiest person in the world but I certainly am trying. I purchased mostly fruits and vegetables this week and although it is a lot of more time consuming to cook and cut up, it definitely has its benefits. My hair's shinier and my skin's clearing up from the break outs I got a few weeks ago.

When studying it's not difficult to open a bag of chips and stop eating away but it does have it's bad results with more acne break outs, probably getting more because you're studying and it's a stressful time. So why not wash some fruits and eat those instead? Celery or carrot sticks aren't bad ideas either! All you would need is to cut them up unless you've got a bag of baby carrots, and get a bottle of ranch dressing! It can be either used as dip or salad dressing (win-win, right?) Or just get dried fruits! Dried cranberries are good for bladder infections while dried apricots are good for high blood pressure. You can definitely eat these even if you don't have these problems but just a little tip on how they can help!

I know that as university students, we're all on budget and that grocery shopping is a necessity (unless you're on a meal plan, then lucky you) but, buying fruits and vegetables adds up and then you start wondering if it's worth it. And, it definitely is, eating healthy is really important and it adds to your energy and doing better in school.

Definitely try mixing up your salads and adding stuff to it that you wouldn't usually do. Like for me, my salads consist if iceberg lettuce, almond slices and cut up bacon and Asian Sesame vinaigrette. It's simple but filling. It also consists of almonds which lower chances of heart attacks, help build strong bones, nourish the nervous system and provides good brain function.

This is possibly the most random post ever, oh well. I tried!
Until next time! Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment